Goals and Objectives
- To provide culturally and linguistically competent case management for refugees from Burma and other parts of the world.
- To provide employment assistance services and income generating projects in order to increase the employment rate, income average, and number of refugees receiving benefits.
- To facilitate access to basic ESL training for adult refugees with minimum educational background in order to build a language foundation for future enrollment in more advanced ESL classes and tutoring programs.
- To provide community educational opportunities on issues which are relevant to refugees from Burma and other parts of the world in order for them to achieve self-sufficiency.
- To advocate for appropriate and effective language access and transportation for physical and mental healthcare needs.
- To provide information on rights and responsibilities of tenants and assist refugees in applying for affordable housing programs.
- To facilitate acculturation and integration into the larger American society so as to empower resettled refugees and asylees with civic engagement and community building
- To conduct ongoing community assets and needs assessments to ensure that BRFN’s programs are building on the existing strengths of the community and addressing the real needs of the community.
- To recruit volunteers from Burma and the U.S. to mentor and provide a cultural bridge for adult and youth newcomers from Burma.
- To support and promote cultural preservation programs for all ethnic groups from Burma.
- Social Adjustment and Cultural Orientation Services
- Community Wellness